Demonstrating the value of Alternative Data to traders, investment managers, and senior management. The vendors who collect the data don’t have access to experienced backtesting engines, historical news, and fundamental data that allows the quantitative analyst to verify that value in the data set is worth the investment.
CloudQuant has been able to incorporate time-series data into our Backtesting, and Research tools since our inception.
Showcasing data in CloudQuant is the best way to show the value in the data.
The Difficulties of Dataset Onboarding
The industry knows that the onboarding a new data set is a difficult process. There are numerous problems that include*:
- Prohibitively High Fees
- Data not compatible with current data analysis systems
- Can’t find the correct resource
- Lack of time
- Difficulty understanding the data’s value
- Human Capital not available
- Management not convinced of the value
For those in the trading industry, we have additional problems that include:
- Difficulty symbology mapping.
- Dealing with point-in-time changes to symbol changes.
- Correlating time series data correctly.
*Source: Greenwich Associates, Alternative Data Usage Study, 2017